1.25.2010

The Flight Over

So on last Sunday, January 17, we boarded a plane to head to Aix-en-Provence (Hereafter referred to as Aix, pronounced like the letter "x"). We left the Houston airport at 6:55 pm local time and landed in Frankfurt on Monday morning at 11:00 am local time after a ten hour flight. Before we left Houston, we had one last taste of Texas food from Pappas' barbecue. Here I am eating a pulled pork sandwich and drinking sweet tea. Caitlin just stole some of my food.



While on the plane we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which was actually fantastic. It was one of the most enjoyable movies I have watched for a long time; all of the jokes were really clever. I probably liked it more than Avatar or Invictus. Who cares if it is a kid's movie?

Here we are after a couple hours.



When we got to Frankfurt, we got off the airplane and onto a bus which took us to the terminal. Frankfurt airport was really big! It took us about an hour to walk to our gate. En route we saw this sign:



I feel like they meant to say "Houston, sie haben ein problem." We got to our gate and then we went to buy some German sandwiches (they were pretty mediocre). As we were walking some guy says, "Adam?" to which I replied, "Whuahh?" I was not expecting to meet someone I knew in Frankfurt. It was Clifton, my roommate in Aix. We went and sat down with him and chatted while whiling away the three hours until our flight. Then our plane took us to Marseilles, where we were met by a representative from CEA. Oddly enough, there were no customs to go through in Marseilles. I guess it was because we had our passports stamped in Frankfurt when we came into the EU. Eventually a bus came and we drove into Aix. Woo! Arrived at last.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I hope ya'll have an exciting time. Sounds like it will be crazy fun!


    Nicky B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for wearing the headband! You look adorable! :)

    I am happy you guys had a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wearing the headband i see! i'm glad everyone is having fun!

    ReplyDelete

You're awesome!